Professional Residential and Commercial Mulching and Mulch Bed Services
Mulching acts like a protective cover for the soil. Mulch allows your garden to retain and conserve moisture and can help prevent and reduce weed growth. Besides adding beauty and order to a flower bed, a layer of mulch provides many other benefits, such as protection to the plants root systems, adding much needed nutrients to the soil, and slowing erosion. Another positive of a freshly mulched bed is how it changes the functionality and curb appeal of a property Mulching flower beds provides contrast between the soil, plants and flowers and gives the landscape a finished look. A layer of mulch provides many other benefits, such as protection to the plants root systems, adding much needed nutrients to the soil, and slowing erosion. Mulching allows early seeding and encourages faster growth. As the season progresses, the mulch stabilizes temperature and moisture.
What Does Mulch Do?
Mulch serves several purposes in your garden, including the following:
• conserves soil moisture so you don’t have to water as often
• reduces the number of weeds
• minimizes soil erosion
• keeps the roots of plants cool
• protects the plants from temperature extremes
• increases the attractiveness of the garden
• makes mowing the lawn easier as tree trunks and surface roots are protected from mower damage
We typically install mulch at the beginning of the growing season and reapply it through the summer or fall, as necessary.